Sales Team Member Job at Rona – Calgary, AB
We operate or service some 470 corporate and affiliated dealer stores. With a distinctive product and service offering and complementary store formats ranging from neighbourhood hardware stores to big box stores, our Lowe’s, RONA, Reno-Depot, and Dick’s Lumber banners are always looking for dedicated employees to help meet the needs of all DIYers and contractors.
You’ve got the talent? We’ve got the tools! Here, your work and ideas will contribute to building a flourishing organization. Your voice will always be heard and valued. You’ll find career opportunities that live up to your ambitions and be able to further develop your unique set of skills.
So if you’re looking to do what you love, and to grow and evolve within our family—one of the best employers in Canada according to a recent Forbes survey—we could be perfect for each other.
Our expectations : The Sales Team Member is responsible for ensuring that every customer has an exceptional experience by suggesting the right products and services necessary to complete their projects. A passion for service and a willingness to develop product knowledge are key components of this role.
Your role :
- Ensure that every customer experience exceeds the customer’s expectation
- Proactively provide RONA customers with expertise and assistance
- Quote projects, follow up on leads and close sales
- Use computer software to develop deck, fence and garage packages
- Promote add on sales, product benefits and services such as installation
- Inform customers of current promotions and financing options (RONA Advantage Card/Air Miles)
The qualifications we are looking for :
- Customer service oriented
- Welcoming, professional and attentive to the needs of our customers
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Proficient with computers, able to learn new software and processes
- Mature, responsible with sound decision making skills
- Retail, sales or customer service experience is a great asset
- Construction or home renovation is an asset
Your benefits of working for Lowe’s Canada :
By joining the Lowe’s Canada family, you’ll enjoy many benefits, such as:
- An inclusive and safe working environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Benefits: insurance (certain conditions apply), annual salary review, etc.
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- Teamwork and ongoing training
- A comprehensive training program for all new hires
- A company discount on store merchandise
- A student incentive program
- And much more!
The masculine generic is used without discrimination and only in order to simplify the text. Lowe’s Canada is committed to encouraging diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
- Must be 18 or older
- ID backcheck required
- Full open availability (days, evenings, weekends, holidays) required
- Medical & dental benefits after 90 days
About the Company
Company: Rona –
Company Location: Calgary, AB