Safety Inspector (Fort Saskatchewan) Job at Phoenix Industrial – Fort Saskatchewan, AB
Phoenix Industrial is currently seeking a Health and Safety Inspector and reports to the Corporate Health and Safety Manager. The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for providing safety support for one of our sites in Fort Saskatchewan.
- Monitor for compliance with policies, Provincial/Federal regulations and documentation;
- Perform a wide range of duties specifically related to Health & Safety as well as the development & administration under the supervision and direction of Corporate Health & Safety Manager;
- Responsible for ensuring that the business unit is on target to achieve milestones relating to COR;
- Assist with implementing health and safety changes as a result of new instructions from regulatory bodies, as well as any changes related to health and safety through knowledge of industry best practices;
- Provide support when necessary to senior project managers and field personnel on health and safety topics as needed;
- Communicate and work effectively with a diverse cross section of clients;
- Work with Joint Health & Safety Committees to ensure legislative and corporate requirements are met or exceeded;
- Prepare and attend regular ‘toolbox’ training sessions, focusing on relevant issues in the shop;
- Investigate and report on incidents, complaints and other situations as may arise;
- Review job site safety compliance inspections including: hazard analysis, root cause analysis, safe work procedures, writes reports and recommendations;
- Follow up on incidents, and develop systemic responses;
- Provide leadership and motivate all employees for strong injury prevention and timely reporting;
- Ability to provide reports, guidelines, assessments, and other documents that are clear, concise and complete;
- Ability to resolve complex technical issues with other disciplines;
- Other duties as assigned/required.
- Piping process equipment safety experience.
- NCSO certification is preferred
- 5-7 Years of experience
- Previous experience in Oil & Gas as well as Industrial Construction is required;
- Knowledge of the OH&S Act, regulations and industry best practices;
- Ability to engage and mentor both field/office employees on company and industry HSE practices/procedures;
- Understands the critical nature of due diligence and compliance based deliverables;
- Self-motivated team player, energetic and focused on field presence, passionate about workplace health and safety and respectful workplaces as well as has ambition to grow professionally;
- Excellent communication skills in English (Written and verbal);
- Proficient computer skills and thorough understanding of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint);
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to successfully complete an A&D screening, along with being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
To learn more about our company and the projects we have been involved in, please visit our website at www.phoenixindustrial.ca
Phoenix Industrial is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company
Company: Phoenix Industrial –
Company Location: Fort Saskatchewan, AB