Regional Manager Job at BLACKBIRD SECURITY INC. – Kelowna, BC
Blackbird is a quickly growing company and has built a reputation for excellence by setting the standards for superior performance and excellent customer service. We are looking to hire a Regional Manager that will help us continue to build and grow our business.
This is a critical and pivotal role in our development as a company, one that requires operational knowledge, experience, commitment to our purpose, and loyalty, amongst other attributes.
The successful candidate will possess very strong organizational and time-management skills, have excellent customer service, and understand the importance of the bottom line. To succeed in this role, the individual must have a sales background and experience with account management – bonus points if you’re familiar with the Security Industry. We’re all young professionals, and are looking for an energetic, motivated, forward thinking, and driven Regional Manager who will be very involved in our business development.
Your primary responsibility will be to fully support the Director of Operations in his role as it pertains to the cost-effective management of all operational facets associated with your region in terms of operational accountability, this means the following:
- Participate in and lead the selection, development, management, and leadership of the selected supervisory staff.
- Ensure, hold and be held accountable for, maintenance of professional communication at all times between team members.
- Schedule and assign staff to sites to ensure that there are no missed shifts and no overtime. Filling open shifts when they occur, or short notice guard requests.
- Supporting the Director of Operations with the design and maintenance of post orders for each site, whether this is physically done by Supervisors or by you.
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with our clients. If needed, meet regularly with designated client representatives for status updates and address any actual or potential problems.
- Overseeing disciplinary actions of your staff as necessary, with input from HR and your direct reports.
- Overseeing proper field training and orientation for employees.
- Participating in projects, investigations, and special assignments as required by the leadership team.
- Supporting HR in the recruiting, interviewing, and management of staff issues and required by assigned HR staff.
- Supporting the Director of Operations in his role to manage operational spending and ensuring cost effective operational efficiencies.
- Reporting on regional metrics and KPIs on a regular basis
- Supporting the ownership of this company with potential business development opportunities when they arise.
- Resolve complex client problems or disputes in a professional manner and ensure that clients receive requested services in a timely fashion.
- Identify opportunities to grow business with existing clients.
- Act as the main point of contact in all matters relating to client concerns and needs.
- Maintain accurate client records, keeping track of any contract updates and renewals.
- 5+ years combined experience working in account management, sales, and/or security.
- Management experience is a must!
- Should possess a valid Security Worker’s License and Driver’s License.
- Proven experience in a leadership role is required
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to anticipate the needs of customers
- Must demonstrate strong analytical thinking skills
- Should possess strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound judgement calls
- Superior organizational and time management skills
We thank all those who apply, however only successful candidates will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.00-$30.00 per hour
- Management: 5 years (preferred)
- Security: 1 year (preferred)
About the Company
Company: BLACKBIRD SECURITY INC. –
Company Location: Kelowna, BC