President Job at Better Bears Foods Inc – Toronto, ON
Who We Are:
Founded in 2019, Better Bears Foods Inc. are a sustainable snack food brand that focuses on plant-based, low-calorie, sugar-free options to satisfy your cravings without the dangers of high-sugar and artificial chemicals found in many traditional snacks. Now, with Better Bears, choosing the best snack option doesn’t have to be a compromise in taste!
We embody core values that make us not only a good choice for your health, but also a good choice in terms of global sustainability. We have committed to only use 100% biodegradable packaging for all of our products! Zero-waste is the future, so why not start now?
We offer exceptional customer service by engaging our valuable consumers in new product development. It’s important to us that each person who engages with us feels good with each and every interaction.
Our company is fast growing, and we are looking to add to our team. If you’re a team player who values excellence, can work remotely and enjoys learning from others with diverse skillsets and perspectives, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role:
Better Bears Foods Inc. is poised for significant future growth and expansion. The company is seeking to grow its market share and expand into new global markets and is looking for a seasoned executive leader who can help take the company to the next level. We are seeking a hardcore growth specialist. A strong decision making Leader, who navigates and executes our overall business strategy to grow revenue. The company’s culture is built upon teamwork, innovation, and collaboration. Better Bears strives to create a respectful working environment that enables its employees to grow both professionally and personally. This position is best suited for a dynamic entrepreneurial business executive who brings knowledge of the food and/or CPG industry, but more importantly executive level sales, marketing, operations and startup growth experience to the business.
- We need a well rounded leader and innovator – someone that is never satisfied with good enough, who is willing to challenge the status quo and push for sustainable and profitable competitive advantage.
- You are a process guru and champion. You crave measurement, data, and KPI’s. You continually look for ways to reduce total cost while improving service levels. You have a track record for fixing what is broken, and breaking stuff to make it even better. Operations and Growth are your PASSIONS.
- You work late sometimes because you LOVE THE WORK. You don’t work late just because you have to or you aren’t efficient with your time. You get immersed in what you are doing – you get in the zone.
- You know how to work with technology and databases, including ERP’s, the Cloud, software and other analytical tools to drive smart decisions across all parts of an organization. You can still write a macro in Excel. You can figure out how to get the data you need out of an ERP system and which systems to implement.
- You can lead, manage, and mentor a team, and work with your peers to achieve a common objective. Even though you are very strong with databases and analysis – you also have a personality.
- You aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty and lead by example. We work in the real world – hopping on sales calls, digging into marketing plans, building team culture, meeting with new hires, etc. We can’t manage everything from a desk or computer– we need someone that is comfortable supervising employees and suppliers on a daily basis.
What essential skills & qualities should you have?
- 7+ years of executive leadership experience in the food products and/or CPG industry
- 3+ years of DTC (Direct-to-consumer) eCommerce experience preferably with the Shopify platorm
- A track record that demonstrates the ability to evolve quickly, influence others, and execute in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong business acumen and judgment in a rapidly growing business
- Experience working with and presenting to senior leaders, executives and external investors
- Exemplary communication skills (verbal, written, presentation) and sales skill
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Goal-driven with a resilient mindset and a strong desire to succeed
- Strong relationship building skills and a collaborative work style
- You are tech friendly and comfortable using online platforms (e.g. Salesforce, Shopify, Zendesk, Power Point, MailChimp, Hootsuite, various EDI and dashboard platforms, etc.)
- Be able to demonstrate why you’ve been there and done that
- We are not looking for first time leaders.
- Self-Motivated, Entrepreneurial, and able to work independently
We thank you for your interest in this role with Better Bears Foods Inc. however only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Better Bears is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Those candidates requiring an accommodation should notify us during the recruitment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $175,000.00 per year
- Paid time off
- Stock options
- Store discount
- Work from home
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Shopify eCommerce: 2 years (preferred)
- CPG/Packaged Food: 5 years (preferred)
About the Company
Company: Better Bears Foods Inc –
Company Location: Toronto, ON