National Industrial Maintenance Manager – Toronto / Montreal Job at CHEP – Toronto, ON
Provide national maintenance support for all CHEP locations and 3PL locations with CHEP equipment. Provide strategy and execution on training, standards, Operations Excellence and costs.
NUMBER OF REPORTS
Number of Staff (direct & indirect*): 24
Number of Staff (direct): 4
Canadian CHEP business- all CHEP locations and 3PL sites that run CHEP-owned equipment
MAJOR / KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide strategy to increase equipment reliability as it relates to unplanned DT events and PMs
- Create training programs/systems for all maintenance personnel
- Assess technology that could be implemented as predictive maintenance
- Monitor and improve PMs and parts inventory for all equipment
- Analyse maintenance metrics that will maximize reliability of equipment at the lowest cost
- Create SOPs and SWPs to standardize work for all sites
- Support all maintenance aspects related to Operations Excellence
- Parts management and standardize, supported by MRO initiatives.
- Managing & supporting all aspects of CMMS-training, updating PMs, parts management and creating reports
- Manage CHEP maintenance groups at 3PLs.
- National budget planning and managing maintenance costs for all CHEP production equipment and facility maintenance (HVAC, Compressors, dock equipment)
- Support engineering on new capital equipment design as it relates to maintenance post-installation
- Maintain or lower cost to maintain equipment measured by maintenance cost per pallet
- PR (Process Reliability), MTBF & MTTR
- Uptime %
- Unplanned Work Order improvement
- Maintain or improve equipment assessment scores (Maintenance Excellence)
AUTHORITY / DECISION MAKING
- Contract reviews with Vendor/Suppliers. Service Level Agreements.
- CMMS- contract review and renewals
- Annual Performance Reviews for Direct Reports.
- Online Maintenance Learning
Service Centre Manager, Maintenance Personnel, Engineering
Contractors, Vendors, Suppliers
- Technical diploma (Mechanical or Electro-Mechanical) or degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering
- Additional technical training-hydraulic, pneumatics, electrical, PLCs Maintenance Management Professional Certification preferred.
- Maintenance Manager with minimum 7 years’ experience
- CMMS management
- Facility and production equipment & Systems
- Troubleshooting experience on automated production lines- hydraulics, electrical, mechanical, pneumatics, robotics
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Microsoft Office- PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio. Excellent communication skills with ability to present material to a group. Analytical ability.
Bachelors – Electrical Engineering
Preferred Level of Work Experience
7 – 10 years
CHEP Canada invites applications from all qualified individuals. CHEP is committed to fostering workplace diversity, and, provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require this information in alternate format; require communication supports; an accommodation in applying for a posting and/or if you are selected for an interview, please contact our Recruiting Department and a recruiter assigned to the posting will work with you to meet your needs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to developing a diverse workforce in which everyone is treated fairly, with respect, and has the opportunity to contribute to business success while realizing his or her potential. This means harnessing the unique skills and experience that each individual brings and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Individuals fraudulently misrepresenting themselves as Brambles or CHEP representatives have scheduled interviews and offered fraudulent employment opportunities with the intent to commit identity theft or solicit money. Brambles and CHEP never conduct interviews via online chat or request money as a term of employment. If you have a question as to the legitimacy of an interview or job offer, please contact us at email@example.com.
About the Company
Company: CHEP –
Company Location: Toronto, ON