Membership Services Representative (Full Time) Job at YMCA Calgary – Calgary, AB
YMCA Calgary is actively building healthy communities – join us in creating a better Calgary.
YMCA Calgary opened its doors in 1902, since then we have evolved into a vibrant charitable organization that responds to the needs and health of the community.
Guided by four core values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility, YMCA Calgary develop and delivers quality programs and services that promote the health of the community and provides opportunities for all Calgarians to belong, grow, thrive and lead. Our team of staff and volunteers are committed to creating a positive impact in the community through our health and wellness programs, child care and early education programs, community outreach programs (such as Indigenous, youth at risk, and cultural integration programs), leadership programs, camp experiences, and much more.
YMCA Calgary serves the community at our seven health and wellness locations, six child care centres, two outdoor camp locations, and 60 community outreach locations. Join us in building healthy communities!
Membership Services Representative – (Full Time)
Brookfield Residential YMCA at Seton
Salary: $31,200.00/per year – $33,161.00/per year
Start Date: Immediate
You can make an impact in the community – locally and across the globe. You will work with a fun culture of people and enjoy many of the benefits and opportunities the YMCA offers:
- Complimentary YMCA Calgary membership including a linked membership for dependent children;
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits. Premiums paid in full by the Association;
- Pension plan with specified contribution matching by the Association;
- Anniversary flex day and gifts given to celebrate each year of employment;
- Program discounts;
- Ongoing leadership development and opportunities;
- Leadership award opportunities;
- Scholarship opportunities;
- Paid recertification and training.
What qualifications are we looking for?
At YMCA Calgary we strive to ensure our employees are a fit based on their strengths, interests, and future goals. The successful candidate will have the following;
- Exceptional customer service attitude;
- Strong computer skills;
- Be resourceful, organized and handle change well;
- Effective time management and welcomes change;
- Clear communicator – in person, over the phone, and through email;
- Evidence of a clear Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Search;
- Three professional references.
What does this role look like at YMCA Calgary?
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Identify and create opportunities to enhance each and every person’s YMCA experience;
- Meet and exceed customers’ expectations in all service aspects at the Membership desk;
- Complete all membership/program related duties with accuracy;
- Accurately complete all transactions, payments, cash-outs and balancing;
- Communicate a large quantity of information clearly and concisely in person and over the telephone by understanding the organizational structure of the YMCA Calgary Association;
- Develop and maintain smooth, cooperative working relations with all staff and volunteers;
- Aid in the training of all new staff and volunteers;
- Work in a team environment to achieve optimal collective results;
- Share responsibility for weekly upkeep of desk inventory and lost and found items while ensuring a well-stocked and clean work areas at all times;
- Ability to problem solve;
- Participate in the Staff and Volunteer aspect of the Annual Campaign.
What qualities do we look for in YMCA Calgary Staff and Volunteers?
Our employees embody the YMCA values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility. In addition, they model and are committed to the following competencies;
- Developing Self and Others: Developing people with a view toward present and future capacity.
- Building Purposeful Relationships: Relating to people authentically with their best in mind.
- Creating a Culture of Community: Gathering people to purpose and vision.
- Making Intentional Impact: Intending to make a difference every day.
- Thinking and Acting Strategically: Applying thoughts, words, and actions in service to the vision.
- Applying Business Acumen: Demonstrating excellence in technical skills and stewarding the YMCA Business Model.
- Innovating: Ability to know your environment, initiate and respond effectively to changing conditions.
Please note that evidence of a clear Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Search is a requirement
YMCA Calgary is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must have legal authorization to work in Canada by way of Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or a valid Canadian work permit. YMCA Calgary is currently not engaged in international recruitment efforts as we are required to demonstrate that we have exhausted all means of recruitment both locally and nationally.
- Potential candidates will only be contacted if selected for an interview.
For any concerns or questions please contact Cassandra Petrovic, Recruitment Manager,
About the Company
Company: YMCA Calgary –
Company Location: Calgary, AB