Dog Handler Job at Doggieville Inc. – Newmarket, ON
MUST LOVE DOGS!
Doggieville is a 6,800 sq. ft. facility that offers Daycare, Grooming and a Learning & Wellness Centre. We are York Region’s premier centre for dogs providing exceptional customer service and a fun experience for our furry guests in a clean and safe environment. We are a very busy facility and are looking for part time/full time dog handlers to join our team!
Job Description/Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise and monitor daycare dogs during exercise, socialization and play to ensure their safety
- Positive interaction with the dogs and encourage good doggie manners
- Engage dogs in group play, scheduled activities and basic training
- Pick up and clean up after dogs
- Feed dogs and administer medications when required
- Maintain a clean facility – tidy, clean, vacuum, mop and disinfect
- Opening and closing duties
- Interact with clients in a professional manner
- Minimum 18 years of age or older
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Pet First Aid and CPR (preferred) **Candidates will be required to be certified once hired
- Knowledge of different dog breeds, their behaviours and body language (preferred)
- Have previous animal care, hands on experience with dogs in a professional environment (preferred)
- Must be comfortable around dogs of all breeds and sizes
- Be confident in a very busy environment
- This is a very physically active position requiring standing for extended periods, lots of cleaning and some light/heavy lifting
- Be flexible with work schedule (days, evenings and weekends)
The Ideal Candidate Should:
- have a passion for dogs
- be mature, hard working and have a positive attitude
- be punctual, responsible and reliable
- be both a team player and able to work individually
- be able to multitask
- be a self starter
- have great customer service and interpersonal skills
We are open Monday to Friday 7am to 6:30pm and Saturday 9am to 4pm
- Employees receive complimentary daycare for their dogs (assessment is mandatory, some conditions may apply) and a discount on retail purchases
- Employees are eligible to participate in the Employee Benefit Program
Please reply to this post and INCLUDE a cover letter with your resume.
THIS IS A PERMANENT POSITION AND WE WILL NOT BE HIRING SUMMER STUDENTS.
Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
We look forward to meeting you!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $15.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All customers required to wear a mask unless they are exempt, curbside drop off/pick up available, common surfaces are sanitized regularly and entire facility is micro fogged with a botanical disinfectant at the end of each day.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Newmarket, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Secondary School (required)
- professional dog handling: 1 year (preferred)
- Driver’s License (preferred)
About the Company
Company: Doggieville Inc. –
Company Location: Newmarket, ON