Director – Service Design Job at CGI – Calgary, AB
CGI has outstanding culture that promotes diversity and inclusion, corporate social responsibility and gives Members the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, and chart an exciting career!
We believe in the transformative power of human centered design to help solve business problems and achieve business goals. And the global reach of CGI’s diverse capabilities means that you can collaborate with related disciplines to ensure successful delivery, such as data science, business analysis, communications, and organizational change design and management.
We’re looking for a senior, creative systems-thinker who leads cross-functional teams using human centered design methodologies to orchestrate the interaction of services, technologies, and processes.
In your role as Service Design Director, you will lead the successful delivery of the team’s client engagements. You will lead and contribute to overall business development goals through the management of sales targets and procurement of new business: creating proposals, pitching to prospective clients, writing and reviewing contracts, and managing accounts and relationships. You will aspire to act as a trusted executive advisor to clients; consult c-suite executives to provide business-specific expertise and consultative services in the development and execution of innovative strategy. This is also a hands-on position, where you will apply your broad service design knowledge and strategic thinking expertise on a day-to-day basis. Your strong leadership skills and passion for collaboration will generate measurable and impactful business outcomes, and result in better digital experiences.
You will also have the unique opportunity to help build a practice, which will grow to include a dedicated team with skills in research, design, UX, HCD, information architecture, content strategy, and workplace transformation and change leadership. Leadership and mentorship of this multi-disciplinary team will also form a key part of the role to build capabilities, recruit new talent, and contribute to the development of junior talent.
=== WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR: ===
- You are naturally empathic, authentic, curious, and challenge assumptions!
- A deep passion for and applied understanding of service design methodologies and related disciplines
- Significant demonstrated practical design experience with a variety of touchpoints and channels (both digital and non-digital). This includes experience in planning and conducting research, analyzing and synthesizing findings, journey mapping and blueprinting, prototyping and testing, conducting workshops, facilitating co-design sessions, and presenting and defending deliverables
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools used widely within the design community
- Demonstrated experience in bidding, scoping, and planning service design projects of various sizes and methodologies to time and budget constraints
- A proven track record in leading and inspiring cross-functional client and project teams to deliver high quality, innovative work
- An understanding of the impact of disruption on the work, worker, and workplace; and the ability to help clients define their ambition and strategy for transforming to the client-centric workforce of the future post-pandemic
- Strong influencing, negotiation, relationship building, problem solving, and communication skills
- Strong writing abilities and presentation skills
Please be prepared to share your portfolio and describe the roles you’ve played, as well as the outcomes you helped to achieve
=== LOCATION: ===
Western Canada: Victoria BC, Vancouver BC, Edmonton AB, Calgary AB or Regina SK
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
About the Company
Company: CGI –
Company Location: Calgary, AB